Table of Contents
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK – Despite growing concerns over the COVID Delta variant, the Triangle’s job market still shows signs of continuing recovery.
Nearly all of the national job boards TechWire analyzed in today’s Jobs Report show considerable upward growth over the past week. Indeed.com and LinkedIn both show over 1,000 new jobs in Raleigh compared to this time last week, while Dice.com added 1,136 tech-focused jobs in Durham, and other sites counted hundreds of new jobs across the Triangle.
Health care jobs continue to be in high demand, particularly at WakeMed Health and Hospitals, the Duke University Health System and the University of North Carolina Health System.
WRAL TechWire is tracking the Triangle’s job trends as the region continues its economic recovery. Our weekly Jobs Report compiles the latest information from the region’s top job boards, offering a breakdown of how many jobs are posted, which companies are hiring and for what positions. We’ve also included upcoming job fairs, student-centric resources and a list of Twitter accounts that track local job openings.
Let’s highlight what’s new on the job boards since last week’s Jobs Report:
National Job Search Sites
Here’s an overview of the number of local jobs posted on national job boards compared to last week, as of Sunday afternoon.
- ⇑ Wake County: 36,667 jobs (+277 from a week ago)
- ⇑ Raleigh: 20,388 (+41)
- ⇑ Durham County: 9,993 (+550)
- Dice.com (using the 5-mile radius filter):
- ⇑ Raleigh: 14,603 (+324)
- ⇑ Durham: 15,132 (+1,136)
- ⇑ Chapel Hill: 14,120 (+371)
- Glassdoor: ⇓ 51,127 jobs across the Triangle area (-158)
- Indeed (5-mile radius filter):
- ⇑ Raleigh: 15,281 (+1,767)
- ⇑ Durham: 7,732 (+939)
- ⇑ Chapel Hill: 4,018 (+616)
- InHerSight: Pages upon pages of jobs across the RTP area
- LinkedIn (using the “exact location” filter):
- ⇑ Raleigh: 26,034 (+1,837)
- ⇑ Durham: 12,015 (+146)
- ⇑ Chapel Hill: 2,684 (+293)
- Manpower (20-mile radius):
- ⇑ Raleigh: 17 (+3)
- ⇓ Durham: 14 (-1)
- ⇓ Chapel Hill: 13 (-1)
- Remote Tech Jobs: Several remote jobs offered by Triangle-area employers
- ZipRecruiter (5-mile filter):
- ⇓ Raleigh: 35,918 (-1,690)
- ⇓ Durham: 13,745 (-413)
- ⇓ Chapel Hill: 3,849 (-78)
Startup Job Search Sites
Aside from the boards above, job seekers can also find local startup jobs at SimplyHired (221 startup jobs near Research Triangle Park), LinkedIn (1,669 results in and around Raleigh), Indeed (272 startup jobs in/near RTP), and AngelList (job openings in Raleigh, Durham and across North Carolina).
Here’s a look at other job sites listed in alphabetical order:
AMA Triangle, the fifth-largest chapter in American Marketing Association’s nationwide network, aims to be a go-to resource for all things marketing in the Triangle — serving over 470 members. AMA Triangle provides professional training, free career webinars and a job board offering free resume placement for marketing professionals. Every month, it hosts a free “Transitions Mastermind” program for job seekers and those seeking advice on career improvement.
AMA Triangle’s job board currently shows 90 marketing jobs in Raleigh, 43 results in Durham and 41 results in Chapel Hill (with the 25-mile radius filter).
Only three new jobs were added over the past week:
- Kymera International, a specialty materials provider, is hiring a marketing communication manager in Durham.
- Medtech firm Hillrom seeks a senior human resources business partner and a global marketing manager (remote option) in Cary.
- North Carolina State University is looking to add a marketing writer to its University Communications and Marketing office.
- The Diversity Movement is hiring a marketing director in Raleigh.
- Pharma giant Merck & Co. is hiring a director of U.S. oncology digital marketing and a regional market liaison at its Triangle offices.
Durham-based startup hub American Underground regularly posts job openings on its job board. Job seekers can filter their search by job function, location, company, industry and job title. As of Sunday afternoon, the site shows 212 jobs at 30 companies.
Several jobs were posted in the last seven days:
- Edtech startup LearnPlatform is hiring a sales operations specialist in Raleigh.
- Health tech startup Pattern Health seeks a senior dev-ops engineer in Durham.
- Insurtech startup Policygenius is hiring a security engineer in Durham.
- Direct Supply, a health care equipment and services provider, is hiring a senior software engineer in Durham.
- Durham-based payments software provider Spreedly is adding solutions consultants, a controller and an infrastructure engineer to its team.
- Durham virtual reality startup Lucid Dream VR is hiring a project coordinator.
- Kinston-based private jet company flyExclusive is hiring a development lead to build a dev group in Durham.
- Durham-based CureMint, a dental software provider, seeks a remote product manager and a remote senior full-stack software engineer.
- Health care firm Aledade is hiring a remote product manager in Durham.
Earlier this year, WRAL TechWire and the North Carolina Biotechnology Center launched a Bio Jobs Hub platform focused on biopharma manufacturing — one of North Carolina’s largest industries, employing over 26,000 people.
Typical biopharma jobs include process technicians, maintenance and/or instrumentation technicians, quality assurance and quality control associates, process development scientists and process engineers. This industry also offers competitive entry-level salaries, from $42,000 to $60,000.
Jobs transformation: Former auto parts plant to become training hub in Sanford
Scientists, skilled laborers and recent graduates can use the Bio Jobs Hub resource to find career and training opportunities in their area. Users can search by location, job category/activity and region.
Many biopharma companies are hiring in the Triangle, including large employers like Biogen in Research Triangle Park, bioMérieux in Durham, GSK in Zebulon, Merck & Co. in Durham, Novo Nordisk in Durham and Clayton, Pfizer in Sanford, and others.
Leadership Triangle’s job board is packed with local jobs, with 545 openings at 28 companies as of Sunday afternoon.
Here’s what’s been posted in the last week:
- North Carolina Central University in Durham seeks a building environmental services manager, an assistant professor, tech law fellows, an executive director for the Technology Law and Policy Center, an educational technology librarian and an assistant/associate professor.
- Blue Cross NC is hiring for several positions in Durham, including people analytics insights analyst, program coordinator, business operations advisor, financial reporting director, senior business intelligence developer/analyst, senior product developer and talent operations manager.
- Truist is hiring a professional and university banking consultant and a teller in Raleigh.
- Capitol Broadcasting Company (WRAL TechWire’s parent company) added several listings, including real estate financial analyst, key account coordinator, TV news photographer, baseball group sales account executive, baseball sponsorship account executive, baseball ticket account executive, baseball ticketing inside sales trainee and director of ticket sales.
- Coastal Credit Union is hiring an account manager, a contact center specialist, a financial advisor and a mortgage loan officer in Raleigh.
- Bank of America is hiring for several positions at its Triangle offices, including financial solutions advisor trainee, trust senior associate, financial center manager, relationship bankers and financial solutions advisors.
- Google posted a range of jobs at its new Triangle office, including several software engineers across several platforms, technical solutions consultant, security sales and user protection services account manager, lead technical program managers, engineering manager, cloud networking security tech lead and cloud risk and governance program manager.
- William Peace University in Raleigh seeks a public safety officer.
- Self-Help Credit Union is hiring an assistant branch manager in Durham.
- Burt’s Bees is hiring an R&D packaging engineer in Durham.
The North Carolina Biotechnology Center’s extensive jobs board lists open jobs and internships from local life science companies and research organizations. Users can filter by job category, employment type (full-time, part-time and contractor), keywords, postal code and radius.
NCBiotech also touts jobs through its Bio Jobs Hub program.
Over the last week (since Aug. 23), over a dozen new jobs were added to NCBiotech’s board, including:
- Bioassay liver scientist and bioassay muscle scientist at Asklepios BioPharmaceuticals in Durham
- Senior talent partner, purification technician, packaging manufacturing supervisor, aseptic filling technicians, regulatory affairs specialist, instrumentation technicians and fractionation technicians at Grifols in Clayton
- Associate cell biology product manager at Lonza in Durham
- Legal counsel at Locus Biosciences in Morrisville
- Communications manager, lab research analyst, postdoctoral associate and research technicians at the Duke Human Vaccine Institute in Durham
- Preclinical study director, research technician and report writer at Powered Research in RTP
- Research technician at Epigenos Biosciences in Morrisville
- Senior microfluids engineer at Redbud Labs in RTP
- Functional genomics research scientist at Element Genomics in Durham
- Specialist/senior specialist in supplier quality management, quality assurance operations director and quality control operations manager at Beam Therapeutics in RTP
- Pharma giant Merck & Co. posted several new jobs at its Triangle locations, including:
- Logistics manager
- Lead warehousing tech
- Senior quality assurance specialist
- Specialists in learning and development
- Manufacturing automation specialist
- Associate global engineering solutions development specialist
- Lead operations technician
- Manufacturing process engineer
- Senior instrumentation technician
- Vaccine process support laboratory specialist
- Local staffing firm Frankel Staffing Partners posted job listings for its clients:
- Legal counsel at a Triangle-area pharmaceutical company
- Senior manager/associate director of drug safety/PV operations at a pharmaceutical company based in RTP
- Clinical documentation/TMF specialist at a clinical-stage biopharma company in RTP
- Contract associate analytical chemist at an RTP-based pharmaceutical company
The North Carolina Technology Association (NC TECH) has an interactive job board you can use to find your next career opportunity. Users can search by keyword, location, category, type (contract, full-time, part-time or temp to full-time), experience and education level.
No new local jobs were added last week, so here’s a recap from last Monday’s Jobs Report:
- SMS marketing software provider Tatango is looking to hire a security analyst in Raleigh.
- Publishing software provider BlueMatrix added a listing for a support operations specialist in Durham.
- Recruiting firm Vaco is looking to fill several positions in Raleigh, including senior technology recruiter, business development manager of technology, financial recruiter, technical recruiter and executive finance recruiter.
- Local fiber network provider MCNC is hiring a marketing and communications intern and a senior director of client engagement and marketing in RTP.
- Network and communication software provider Trilliant Networks is hiring for several positions in Cary, including L3 software support developer, hardware product manager, solution architect, application architect in performance and security, and RF engineer.
- Jackrabbit Technologies, a class management platform for children’s activity centers, seeks a remote director of SaaS sales and onboarding. The company is located in Huntersville, just outside of Charlotte, but it allows all employees to work remotely.
Help wanted signs remain out across Triangle: Here’s a list of biggest hirers
Raleigh Founded, a startup incubator and coworking space, has its own job board. Job seekers can filter results by company, company size or industry.
The site currently lists 147 positions at 27 companies, as of Sunday afternoon.
Here’s what’s new on the site over the last seven days:
- Raleigh startup Pendo, which has hired 300 employees over the first half of the year, added listings for field marketing manager, a security compliance engineer, an integrated SMB marketing campaign manager, a group product manager, a sales engineer, a technical account manager and an IT professional services consultant.
- Raleigh edtech firm LearnPlatform is hiring a sales operations specialist.
This isn’t a job board per se, but the Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster’s list of job search sources is a helpful resource for job seekers in the clean energy sector. The list has links to career opportunities from the organization’s members and partners.
Work in the Triangle, a Wake County Economic Development program, shares new openings daily through its Twitter feed, @WorkTriangleNC. And the search continues to be intense for talent to fill thousands of open jobs both inside and outside the Triangle tech sector.
Every Tuesday, Work in the Triangle’s #TriangleTuesdays hashtag lists hot jobs.
Posts from last Tuesday (Aug. 24) included openings from:
Scroll through the #TriangleTuesdays hashtag on Twitter for more details on the openings.
New Jobs at Terra Dotta
Chapel Hill-based edtech company Terra Dotta told TechWire last week that it’s continuing to hire in the greater RTP area and anticipates another 10 new hires across sales, product development and marketing before the end of the year. The firm already has about 35 employees in the Triangle area.
Its latest openings are for a product marketing manager and a professional services manager. Read more and apply here.
The boost in hiring comes as the company just made the Inc. 5000 list and is celebrating its 20th anniversary. Terra Dotta CEO Anthony Rotoli says, “This level of growth isn’t as common in a more mature company, but we are actively hiring to continue a high growth trajectory and support the international program and global engagement priorities of higher education, both in North Carolina and nationwide.”
New Jobs at CureMint
American Underground-based CureMint, a startup with a procurement software platform for dental organizations, tells TechWire it is looking to add new talent to its team in Durham. It has openings for several positions:
- Senior full stack software engineer
- Senior product manager
- Product manager
Upcoming Job Fairs
CRO Career Conversations: Sept. 8, 5:30-7 p.m. (online)
In this virtual event, attendees will hear from contract research organization (CRO) industry professionals as they discuss their career paths and responsibilities.
NC TECH Virtual Job Expo: Oct. 20, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (online)
The North Carolina Technology Association’s virtual job fair will connect employers to job seekers looking for work in a tech role or to support a tech company. The event is free for candidates and job seekers.
Wake Tech Community College Business & IT Spring 2022 Career Fair: Feb. 9, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. (online)
In February 2022, Wake Tech will host an online job fair for business and information technology students looking for new career opportunities.
Job Resources for Local Students
If you’re a student looking for an internship or entry-level position at a local company or organization, your university has resources to help you get started. Quick links below:
Twitter Accounts to Follow
Here are some locally run Twitter accounts that regularly share job openings in the Triangle: